The Fort Worth Chapter of the Texas Society of CPAs has asked me to present at the 8 Hot Topics for CPAs conference being held on March 23, 2016 in Fort Worth, TX. The full day session will also be webcast if you prefer to attend online rather than in person.
The conference will go from 8:30 am - 4:25 pm. The cost is $175 for TSCPA members and it includes lunch and digital materials. The cost is $225 for non-members. CPAs will receive 8 CPE hours.
The seminar will include a number of speakers on various topics (especially to CPAs).
- Improving Collaboration with Microsoft SharePoint, Gary Tonniges, CPA TriQuest Technologies Inc
- The 3-Part Plan for Breathing Financial Life into a Company, Philip Campbell, CPA
- Case Study: Help a Company Survive and Thrive, Philip Campbell, CPA
- Significant Developments in Employee Benefit Plans and Compensation, Scott Thompson, JD Haynes and Boone, LLP
- State Tax Nexus for Generalists, Tram Le, CPA
- New Developments on the Revenue Recognition Standard, Bill Schneider, CPA AT&T
- Handling Texas Sales Tax Audits and Appeals Steve Hanebutt, CPA Sales Tax Specialists of Texas
- 10 Things Any CPA Can Know About Individual Income, Tax Walt Hatter, CPA Hatter & Associates
Here is a short description of the two sessions I will present:
A 3-Part Plan to Breathe Financial Life into a Business
CFOs and Controllers have an exciting opportunity to play a more strategic role in business. No one is better positioned than we are to help a company win financially in business. In this session, I will demonstrate the power of implementing a 3-Part Plan to bring order and direction to the challenge of making a company financially strong.
I will also share some counterintuitive tips and strategies that you can use to help entrepreneurs and CEOs avoid the pitfalls and poor financial decision making that plague many leaders in business today. You will learn an exciting new approach to providing value and increasing your influence and credibility as a CFO or advisor.
Case Study: Help a Company Survive and Thrive
The second session I will present is a case study. We will walk through a case study of a business that is struggling financially. The owner has made progress becoming more profitable but cash always seems to be tight. He doesn't understand what is causing the problem or exactly how to fix the problem.
We will get hands on by going step-by-step through the 3-Part Plan. We will assess the financial reality of the business and look at ways to help the owner create a financial future that is bigger and brighter than his past.
Here is the link to learn more.
I'd love to have the opportunity to meet you if you can make the conference in March.
FREE REPORT: A 3-Part Plan to Breathe Financial Life Back into Your Business. If you are an entrepreneur or business owner, this FREE GUIDE provides you a step-by-step, simple process for creating a financial future that is bigger and brighter than your past. Click here to get it FREE.